A Brief History about Dr. P.L. Joshi:
Having attained B.Com, M.Com, degrees and Ph.D., he specializes in Budgeting and Management Accounting, International Accounting, Accounting Systems and Control.
B.Com. 1973 Delhi University (India) Accounting
M.Com. 1975 Delhi University (India) Accounting & Finance
Ph.D. 1981 Garhwal University (India) Commerce
Field of specialization:
Budgeting and Management Accounting,International Accounting.
Dr. Joshi was awarded a teacher fellowship by the Indian Council of Social Sciences Research (ICSSR, Government of India), in conjunction with his Ph.D. work during 1979-80. The place of research was Delhi School of Economics, Delhi University.
Dr. Joshi has been associated with various organizations as instructor, trainer, consultant, examiner and reviewer. He has worked in India, Kenya,Turkey, and Bahrain. He participated in more than 33 International and National conferences. He is a prolofic author and he has published a large number of research papers and articles in refereed international and national journals and magazines. Dr. Joshi is among the rare Indian Accounting researchers who have the largest number of research papers published in international refereed journals. He is also the author of six books on Budgeting and Financial Accounting.
As a part of his community services, he is also a Freelancer to many online newspapers and magazines e.g., World Press Org., Asian Tribune, Atlantic Free Press, American Chronicle and NRIinternet.com .His thought provoking articles have been very well appreciated by the readers.
Dr. Joshi has visited, so far, to 68 countries in connection with teaching, research, guest lecturing, community service, consultancy and conferences. Some of the countries visited are: USA, Canada, Mexico, Germany, France, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Switzerland, Belgium, Netherlands, Spain, Malta, Cyprus, Turkey, most of the countries in MiddleEast, Singapore, Thailand, Nepal, Czech Republic, Malaysia, Australia, NZ,Kenya, Nigeria, Poland, China, Hong Kong etc.
Dr. Joshi has been actively engaged in the promotion of global research in accounting area. He is the founding Editor-in-Chief of two leading international journals, both of them are published by Inderscience Enterprises, UK, the world’s leading publisher of over 150 international journals (www.inderscience.com.
The two journals are:
1. International Journal of Accounting Auditing and Performance
2. Afro Asian JOurnal of Finance and Accounting (AAJFA):
Editorial Board Member:
● International Journal of Business and Finance Research, USA (since 2006- present).
● Asian Review of Accounting, Australia (since 1998-present).
● Arab Journal of Accounting, GCC (since 2005- present)
● Asian Journal of Finance and Accounting, Australia (2009-present).
Ad hoc Reviewer for International/regional Journals:
- International Journal of Accounting, USA.
- International Journal of Auditing, UK.
- Journal of Ecological Economics (International Society for Ecological Economics (ISEE), Boston, USA.
- Advances in Accounting , USA.
- Meditari: Research in Accounting, South Africa.
- International Journal of Management Education, UK.
- British Accounting Review, UK.
- Managerial Auditing Journal, UK.
- International Journal of Accounting and Finance, UK.
- Journal of African Business and Management.
- Journal of Financial Management & Analysis, India.
- Vikalpa, Journal of IIM, Ahemdabad, India.
- Journal of Administrative Sciences, Kuwait University, Kuwait.
Listed in Marquis Who’s Who in the World in its 23rd, 24th, 25th, 26th, 27th and 28th Editions (2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 publications),USA.
Listed in Marquis Who’s Who in Finance and Industry (2009-10), USA.
Listed in ‘International Who’s Whoâ€™, USA (2005-6).
Listed in Global Register of Whoâ€™s Who for Executives and Professionals, USA (2006).
Listed in 2000 Outstanding Intellectuals of 21st Century (2006), International Biographical Centre, and Cambridge, England.
Honored as â€œNRI of the Month â€“April 2006â€ by nriinternet.com http://www.nriinternet.com/NRI_OF_THE_MONTH/INDEX.htm
Fellow (Academic) Association of International Accountants, U.K (2007).
Conferred with HIND RATTAN AWARD (Jewel of India) by NRI Welfare Society of India on the eve of Indian Republic Day on 25th January, 2009 in New Delhi. http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/view/90261
Conferred with â€œ Bharat Gaurav Award ( Pride of India)â€ by Chief guest Mr. Mukul Wasnik, Minister for Social justice and Empowerment, Government of India and Dr. Faroq Abdulla, Minister